We are located close to Lake Pontchartrain and in the suburbs of New Orleans. Our community offers access to a broad range of attractions, including the following:
- Colonial Oaks Golf and Country Club
- Treasure Chest Casino
- Adjacent to AJ Muss Bertolino Park
- Rivertown Theaters for the Performing Arts
- The Esplanade Mall featuring Macy’s and Dillards
- Lakeside Mall featuring a variety of name-brand and specialty shopping
- Metairie Fair Grounds Off-Track Betting and Casino
- Neighborhood restaurants within walking distance, including franchises of Copelands, Zeas, McAlisters, and Mr. Ed’s Seafood and Italian Restaurant, a local favorite.
Colonial Oaks Living Center is also close to plantation tours and swamp boat tours! Take your loved one on an adventure touring local plantation homes or touring the swamps!
A short 10-minute drive affords easy access to the world-renowned architecture and unique shopping of the French Quarter and Jackson Square. The Audubon Park, St. Charles Avenue, Audubon Zoo, Aquarium of the Americas, and Mardi Gras World make memorable experiences! Infamous weekend festivals and events throughout the year, including Mardi Gras, the French Quarter Festival, New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, Crescent City Classic, Essence Music Festival, and VooDoo Festival, make New Orleans the most eccentric place to live! All of these are in addition to extensive offerings of culture!